Thursday, February 14, 2008

Myrtle Beach Marathon Preview

I am headed down to Myrtle Beach, SC tomorrow to run the marathon on Saturday. This was orignially billed as a PR attempt but my training has not been as great as I would have liked. All the stuff going on has been a bit of a distraction and I am just not sure what kind of legs I have. I know that I will run a smart race as I have "matured" immensely as a runner since my last run there in 2006 (before I caught the ultra bug). The weather looks to be fantastic and hopefully the wind will stay at bay or at least behind us. Hopefully all will come together and I will have a great day and get that PR. If not, if I can run a smart race and get some good training in as I transition to my ultra season, it will be a successful trip. Stay tuned for a report later this weekend.

No comments: